Recipe of the Week: Sesame Noodle Bowls
This recipe is ideal for meal prepping. There’s nothing like whipping up a recipe on a Sunday night and reaping the benefits during the week when you’re pressed for time. Do you like to meal prep? Tell us in the comments!
Original recipe from Pinch of Yum.
- 1/4 cup sesame paste (or tahini)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Sriracha and sugar to taste
- 6–8 ounces stir fry noodles, Chinese egg noodles, or linguine in a pinch
- 2 cups edamame, cooked
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and diced. Or any protein of your choice (tofu, egg, etc)
- Sesame seeds
- Sauce: Whisk all sauce ingredients together until smooth (or you can run it through the food processor, or shake it up in a jar).
- Noodles: Cook noodles a few minutes LESS than package instructions. If your noodles seem very sticky, rinse them in cold water. Toss noodles with about half of the sesame sauce.
- Bowls: Divide noodles, edamame, cucumber, and chicken into containers. Drizzle with a little extra sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Voila! Store in the fridge for 3-4 days. Eat hot or cold. Take a shot for the ‘gram cause this is your moment.