Recipe of the Week: Red Curry Pumpkin Soup
It’s Soup Season so try this delicious and warming recipe for Red Curry Pumpkin Soup by In The Raw.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tender part minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock or broth
- One 15oz can pumpkin puree
- One 14oz can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Monk Fruit In The Raw®
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 red Thai chiles, sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves
1. In a soup pot or Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add curry paste, garlic, ginger, and lemongrass and saute until the paste is fragrant and starting to brown, about 2 minutes.
2. Stir in stock or broth and pumpkin. Reserve a generous spoonful of the solidified coconut milk at the top of the can, then add the remaining can contents to the pot along with monk fruit and salt.
3. Bring to a simmer, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Use a hand blender or countertop blender to puree the soup.
4. To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle with a little of the reserved coconut milk and garnish with chiles and cilantro.